Thursday, May 17, 2007

Guitar String tests

For the guitarists in the group, recently I got to test out some experimental strings from Elixir. Since I started playing guitar I have always had a body chemistry that ate strings up at an alarming rate - caustic sweat or something nasty! It's all of that Yoo Hoo I drink I guess. But I digress...

A few years ago I stumbled on Elixir strings and am absolutely sold on them. But it gets better! Two years ago they asked me to do some string tests and I actually recorded "Faith. Family. Friends" with the experimental stings on my Taylor 310. They really held tune, remained bright throughout the entire, lengthy recording period, and actually didn't need changing after months of use. Yes, I said months.

Now I really could have changed them sooner, but I was on one of those kicks, like seeing how far the car can go towards empty and still run, and the strings probably overstayed their welcome. But that's not the point.

Point is that they really do deliver long life, exceptional tone, great feel and very stable tuning. Anyway, I have a link to them if you are interested!

No comments: